I feel very privileged every time I get an award. Someone has had the opportunity to acknowledge other blogs they enjoy and want to share – and they picked me! MEEE!!
It’s humbling and I do like to reciprocate. These posts take me AGES to consider so please don’t underestimate the regard I hold for the honour given to me or the joy i have in nominating others.
I was nominated by Swerve Strikes Back. Whilst I’m thrilled to have been selected, I’m a teeny bit miffed because I WANTED TO NOMINATE HER!! She has such a great way of expressing herself, reading her blogs is like sitting down with a good friend, a cup of tea and three cream cakes each! Yeah – THAT good!!
So here are the instructions:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
• List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your post/or on your blog.
Here are the questions I had to answer. My nominees and the questions I’ve set them are below.
1. What motivates you to get up in the morning? Honestly? My bladder.
2. What was the last thing you ate? A jar of Branston pickle. A.WHOLE.Jar. You know what’s worse? I have no shame!
3. Eternal sunshine or eternal snow? Sunshine all the way! I detest winter, I hate being cold.
4. Do you want to build a snowman? Whats your favourite Disney film? Stuff the snowman! I’d sooner have a frozen margarita! Favourite Disney film hmm.. I love loads. Bedknobs and Broomsticks, because I love the film, The Little Mermaid because I love the soundtrack, Beauty and the Beast because I love Chip! I love Disney films. It’s very hard to pick.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you long for? Tesco’s, Amazon and Netflix. If I had those I’d be set!
6. What was the happiest day of your life? There isn’t one day I’d choose over others. Every day has happiness, even if only because it’s over!
7. Red, white or rose? (Yes I’m on about wine here) All three!
8. What was the last thing that made you cry? (real tears, or with laughter) I miss my cat George. I had to let him go, he had cancer and his kidneys had failed. That’s the hardest and worst thing ever. He was only three and he was my world.
9. Have you ever been fishing? Kind of, my ex was a twat. When I was in labour with my first baby he wanted to go fishing so he made me go too. There I was, on the verge of a reservoir, eaten alive by gnats and having contractions every 20 minutes while Farquhar Bastardcelot was flippin’ fly fishing! Incidentally. I despise trout. Especially if they’re called Sandra like my ex M-I-L
10. Are you afraid of spiders? Yes. I only LOOK stupid. Spiders want to suck my blood and chew my brains up.
11. What inspired your most recent blog post? My day – just a normal Sunday – so I shared it ‘cos I wanted to make people laugh. (And yes, it did all happen!)
My questions for my nominees.
1. What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
2. If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be?
3. What is your favorite animal?
4. Do you believe in the paranormal or have you had an experience you can’t explain?
5. What would be your last meal on earth?
6. If you were offered a trip into space by Richard Branson would you go? Why?
7. What’s your favourite comfort food?
8. I need a good book to take on a seven hour plane journey – what do you recommend?
9. What’s your favourite soft drink?
10. The Patriots suck. I know that isn’t a question but it doesn’t need to be – I KNOW it’s true!!
11. If you were a witch, what spell would you cast and on who?