I got another fun nomination!
The Sunshine Blogger Award.
Apparently this is given to blogs who are “creative, optimistic and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community”.
The aspect of these awards I’m most thrilled about is that it gives me the chance to share blogs I’ve grown attached to and even better, snoop through a bazillion blogs I might otherwise miss! It’s a lazy persons reading utopia! I’m like a spider waiting for blogs to fall into my web heh heh.
What’s not to love?!
I was nominated by the ever inspiring, fun, tells-it-like-it-is Katie at Pearls and Grit. I love her blog, it was the first one I tried to follow and I truly get excited when I see a post from her. If you haven’t checked her out then you’re missing out.
• Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
• Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
Here are the 11 questions I had to answer. My questions for nominees are under the nominee section:
1. What would you name your yacht? Nothing “holy” that’s for sure. Holey boats end up like the Titanic. Oh and Kate and Leo? Stay away from my boat. Seriously. You’re bad luck. I think I’ll go with “Ship for Brains”
2. What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made? Best purchase hmmm, the best thing I’ve ever bought myself was a kindle. The best present I’ve ever been bought was my kitchen aid – it’s the biggest one and I use it constantly. I’ve had more expensive things obviously but those are my favourites. Worst – I think I’d have to say my un-fitbit!! It doesn’t pick up on my blood pressure or pulse or motion because I don’t swing my arms when I walk. I register as dead!
3. Which celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10? At the risk of starting an epic Britchy rant I’ll just say I’m singularly unimpressed with celebrity. I’d pick either Gary Sinise or Steve Buscemi for all they do OUT of the spotlight.
4. What quote do people say that is mostly, in your opinion, a bunch of malarkey?“It’ll all come out in the wash”
Not anymore it won’t. The Youth of Today have eaten all the Tide Pods.
5. What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured? I have osteoporosis. I broke my arm with a loaf of bread. True Story! It was in a plastic bag on my wrist. When I lifted my arm to put the key in my front door, the bag handles “bounced” on my arm and gave me a lovely snap where they landed.
6. What is your best childhood memory? Long, hot, hazy Summers on my grandparents farm in Ireland. Playing in the hay with puppies all day. Riding on grandads lap on his red ford tractor to bring the cows home for milking. Stuffing our faces with sausages and the best tasting potatoes of all time swimming in salty golden butter. Scrumping apples in the Protestant graveyard.
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m an insomniac with a vivid imagination and an insatiable book lust. I’m both!
8. What is your favorite book? Way to hard to answer but one of my life long favourites is “To Kill a Mocking Bird”
9. What is the worst smelling place you’ve ever been? Disneyland Paris. Hands down stenchopolis! Prewar sewers trying to cope with 21st century tourism… It smells worse than Venice in July which is my second worst smelling place in the world!
10. Do you have any pets?Yes currently two dogs and 2 cats although, there are absolutely more cats in my future and if I’m lucky, a donkey! I love donkeys!
11. What would be your hobby if time and money weren’t a concern? Collecting cats and donkeys and pretty much any other animals (thus means anything with more than 2 legs and four maximum!)
You absolutely do NOT have to write a note about the blogs you nominate. Most are just listed but I like to let people know what I appreciate about them (which can also be translated to “she.doesn’t.shut.up”!!) My nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Liss Journal Predominantly a beauty blog but well written and not full of scorchingly expensive recommendations. This is recommendations for real women!
Kelsey Schmitt Fabulous travel blog. They’re currently in my hometown of London, England so it’s just enthralling reading about my old stomping grounds from another perspective.
Blessed with a Star on the Forehead A single woman’s experiences living in NYC. I love her writing style.
Crowded Mind A look into the life and times of another woman.
Out of Hiding I love this blog. It’s raw, gritty, compelling, inspirational, real life stories. I defy you not to love it.
Crazy Lady in my Head Oh good grief! I’m quite certain this is another of my eleventy twelve personalities writing because oh can I ever relate!!
Adventures in Cheeseland A blog written by mice. With cats and raccoons and all sorts assisting – it’s unique and just brilliant!
Finally Unchained Fiction/short stories. It’s interesting watching someone develop their style.
Movie Ramblings Movie reviews but not artsy fartsy pretentious waffle. These are the sort of reviews I need to help me decide on my viewing!
Streaming Thru America A road trip through the US. As someone with a horrific case of wanderlust this is my dream!
Books and Stuff Fabulous reviews for very readable books. I’ve been intrigued by more than one book that wouldn’t have made my radar by these reviews.
My 11 Questions for nominees are:
1. Where do you get ideas for your blog posts?
2. What made you smile today?
3. If you could have an all expenses paid vacation where would you choose to go?
4. If you were offered a trip into space by Richard Branson would you go? Why?
5. What’s your favourite comfort food?
6. I need a good book to take on a seven hour plane journey – what do you recommend?
7. Do you like funfairs? What’s your favourite thing or the thing you hate most about them?
8. Social media. EG Facebook, Snapchat etc. Love or loathe?
9. What is your favourite holiday of the year?
10. Tell me a guilty secret.
11. What was an embarrassing experience you had?